While growing up, I frequented the library. “Always has a book in her hands,” Mother said. She worried I’d get too serious. In Chippewa Falls, the library was an Andrew Carnegie Free Public Library. My local library looks like it in that it has steps leading up to the bit double doors. It’s an old library and I like its warm charm. The books are often well worn; the pages soft and often smudged or dog eared. Others have read this book before me and some have left their trails littered.
Items found in library books
- Old shopping list: butter, 2 AA batteries, Tims cookies, 1 green veg, tr snacks?
- Brochure for Mariners
- Movie ticket stub
- Bookmark: United States GOV’T BOOKSTORE
- Hand-written note: copy stuff onto floppy disk
- Library due date notice
- Book hold: MAUR RIC xxxxx0529 3/8/2012
- Business card: Painting contractor
- Torn ToDo list: call MT, return (smudged), email to joy
- Torn end of energy bar package
They are like cairns saying, “I’ve been here. It’s safe.”
This is my last blog. To all my loyal followers, and you come from all over the world—THANK YOU. I have loved your comments and emails. My very best wishes to all of you and good luck with all your ventures. I’ll miss you.